MacConection.com

     The "NEW" iPad "SPECIAL PRICE" CLICK BELOW

EXCLUSIVE OFFER

SPECIAL 10% OFF
        [*Save 10% on Duracell Powerpacks, Battery Chargers, Power Inverters and more at DuracellDirect.com!*]

Follow Me to Stay Current

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Steve Jobs- by Walter Isaacson, Review & Audio Tapes

The biography of the late founder and CEO of Apple,Inc. Steve Jobs hits bookstores Monday October 24, 2011. A must read into the man behind the Apple. You can order it here→Steve Jobs [Hardcover]
Walter Isaacson (Author)


CBS news magazine 60 Minutes offered a closer look at the book 
and the life of the Apple co-founder.

Seven years ago Jobs asked former editor of Time Magazine Walter Isaacson to write his biography. Isaacson has done books about Benjamin Franklin and Albert Einstein thought it was a little presumpsus and pre-mature since Steve Jobs was a young man. He didn't know how sick Jobs was as he was about to have surgery for pancrotic cancer and was feeling  his mortaility. Jobs kept his private and his business life to himself. Not revealing much to anyone.
                                                     
In 2009 with Steve Jobs already gravely ill Walter Isaacson began more then 40 interviews with him, the last just a few weeks before he died on October 5, 2011.
"I have NO skeletons in my closet that can't be aloud out", Jobs said.                



"Be honest with his failings as well as his stregth's. There are parts of his life that are extreamly messy, you shouldn't whitewash it" said Jobs wife Laurene Powell Jobs to Isaacson who interviewed more then 100 family, freinds, co-workers and competitors.


STEVE JOBS: In His Own Words
(from CBS 60 Minutes)
He was very petulant,brittle and could be very mean to people at times, said Walter Isaacson. He would say,"I really want to be with people who demand perfection, this is who I am".

Traced back to his adapoted fateher, Paul Jobs, who instilled that sence in him saying at a very young age as the two were building a fence together saying, "You got to make the back of the fence just as good as the front. Even though noone will see it, you'll know it and that will show you are dedicated to making something perfect."

He felt that normal rules did not apply to him. He had a car with no license plates and parked in handicapped parking spaces.. When asked why, Steve Jobs said, "Rules don't apply to me, I just don't have them".

He survived nearly eight years but still held out hope till the very end hopping one last drug would save him. When asked about death just several weeks before he passed, Steve Jobs said,"Sometimes a believe in God and some times I don't it's 50/50. Ever since I've had pancreatic cancer I have been thinking about it more and I find myself believing a little a bit more and more. Maybe I just want to believe in an after life. When you die it can't just all disappear like something of an on-off switch. CLICK and your GONE! That's why I don't like putting off switches on Apple devices."

As soon as I finish reading it I will give you my review and opinion....As of now, I would LOVE to here what you think!


On Jonathan Ive's his design chief and spiritual partner at Apple Steve says, "He has more operational power at Apple other them me"
 
Jobs on meeting Bob Dylan in October of 2004. "We sat on the patio outside his room and talked for two hours," said Jobs. "I was really nervous, because he was one of my heroes. And I was also afraid that he wouldn't be really smart anymore, that he'd be a caricature of himself, like happens to a lot of people. But I was delighted. He was as sharp as a tack. He was everything I'd hoped. "He's one of my all-time heroes," said Jobs.

Now Apple makes money on other peoples music through iTunes, but before that Jobs got a bootleg recording of the Beatles' "Strawberry Fields Forever" sessions helped Jobs shape his business philosophy. "It's a complex song, and it's fascinating to watch the creative process as they went back and forth and finally created it over a few months, they kept sending it back to make it closer to perfect." said Jobs. 

In 1982, Jobs was introduced to Joan Baez by her sister Mimi Farina. He was 27 and she was 41. "It turned into a serious relationship between two accidental friends who became lovers," said Jobs.The relationship fizzled out when it became clear that Jobs wanted children and Baez did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment